Updated November 20th, 2018
CoverageOne Insurance Group, LLC and its subsidiaries (collectively, “Coverageoneinsurance.com”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) are committed to maintaining your confidence and trust as it relates to the privacy and use of your information. Please read below and learn how we collect, protect, share, and use your information as part of our technology platforms, and all of our products and services.
- Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information: We collect personally identifiable information that can identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address and zip code, (collectively, “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). PII could also be information you provide concerning others, such as family members.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We also collect information such as demographic data, data about your online activity, data about your income, and other information which could not be used to identify you (including your smoker status, which is used for the limited purpose of providing you with more accurate insurance pricing information) (collectively, “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” or “NPII”).
- Information: PII and NPII are known together as “Information”.
- How We Collect Information
- Information provided by you: Information is collected from you when you enter information in connection with an inquiry into our services. This Information could be provided via an online form, over the phone, or via other means through which you interact with our services.
Technical Cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced, user-friendly Site and apps that adapt automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this we use technical cookies to show you our Site, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in, and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our Site to function properly.
Analytics Cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the Site. This means we can find out what works and what doesn’t, optimize and improve our Site or apps, understand the effectiveness of advertisements and communications, and ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather can include which web pages you’ve viewed, which referring/exit pages you’ve entered and left from, which platform type you’ve used, which emails you’ve opened and acted upon, and date and time stamp info.
It also means we can use details about how you interacted with the Site, like the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use, and the text you enter into various fields. We use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our Site or apps after they’ve been shown an online advertisement. This may include advertisements on third-party websites. Analytics cookies may also be used to enable our business partners to learn if their customers use offers integrated into their websites.
Commercial Cookies: We use third-party cookies as well as our own to display personalized advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting,” and it’s based on browsing activities like the types of health insurance you’ve been searching for.
- How We Use Your Information
We may use Information to:
- Deliver the products and services you requested, including via our Network Partners (defined below)
ii. Improve customer service
iii. Improve our Site
iv. Personalize your user experience
v. Communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you
vi. Manage our business
- Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- Affiliate Companies: We may share your Information with other entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with Coverageoneinsurance.com (“Coverageoneinsurance.com Affiliates”).
- Network Partners: In submitting an inquiry for a health insurance quote, product or other service provided through the Site, you agree that Coverageoneinsurance.com may sell to or otherwise share your Information with insurance agents, insurance carriers, lead aggregators, other insurance service providers and other third parties in our network that provide services to our users (collectively, “Network Partners”) to deliver the quotes, products or services you requested. PLEASE NOTE: the Network Partners with which you are matched may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services. You should contact these Network Partners directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices.
- Coverageoneinsurance.com Vendors: We may share your Information with vendors that perform certain services on our behalf (“Coverageoneinsurance.com Vendors”) including, but not limited to marketing partners (for example, for retargeting purposes), entities providing business analysis and/or website or product support and entities whose services are used to match you with a Network Partner such as boberdoo.com LLC, Invoca, Inc., QuoteLab, LLC, Lead Science, LLC (Drips.com), and Lead Intelligence, Inc. (d/b/a Jornaya).
- Other Situations: We may also disclose your Information at our sole discretion:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency, self-regulatory body, or other governmental agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; to respond to any complaint; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
iii. In connection with a substantial corporate transaction involving Coverageoneinsurance.com or any Coverageoneinsurance.com Affiliate, such as a sale of Coverageoneinsurance.com or any entity, brand or division thereof, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
iv. In connection with state and/or federal licensing or other legal requirements. You authorize Coverageoneinsurance.com to obtain any and all required information from the Network Partners you were matched with in order for Coverageoneinsurance.com to comply with current laws and regulations as well as with any requests from state or federal regulators.
v. We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties in our discretion.
If at any time you do not wish to receive communications from Coverageoneinsurance.com, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in any communication received from us. In addition, you may email questions@Coverageoneinsurance.com to unsubscribe. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about our business dealings with you.
- Updating and Accessing Your Information
The appropriate method(s) for accessing your Information, if any, will depend on which Site or services you have used. Please contact us at questions@Coverageoneinsurance.com if you have a specific question or request concerning your Information. We are unable to delete all of your Information because some or all of it must be retained by us to demonstrate our compliance with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and/or other applicable laws.
- How We Protect Your Information
- We take what we believe to be industry standard security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We also require employees to comply with information security safeguards, we use encryption in the transmission of your Information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls and other intrusion detection and prevention controls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Information.
- No system can be completely secure. Accordingly, although we take steps to secure your Information, we cannot guarantee that your Information, searches, or other communication will always remain secure.
- Visiting our Websites From Outside the United States
The Site is governed by the laws of the United States and is intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States only. We make no representation that the Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation.
- Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her PII without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected PII from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
- Your Consent.
By providing your contact information to us through the Site, you are registering to receive communications from us directly, on our website or through a third party. We will periodically send you newsletters and other e-mails with offers and promotions. You may opt out of commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions in the e-mail or contacting us at the e-mail address below.
Further, by providing your contact information through the Site, you are authorizing us to share your Information with our Network Partners and third-party vendors as described herein. If you do not want further communication from our Network Partners, please notify the partner directly.
Whether you are contacted by us, a third party on our behalf or a Network Partner, you agree to be contacted through the use of emails or, subject to your express opt-in at time of providing your PII, on your landline or mobile phone by live operators, automated telephone dialing systems, pre-recorded messages, and/or text messages regardless of whether you have placed your name or telephone number on a Do Not Call list. You may stop receiving calls and text messages by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that a stop request will only apply to the specific entity to whom such request is directed.
- How to Contact Us
CoverageOne Insurance Group, LLC
1901 W Cypress Creek Rd, Suite 103
Fort-Lauderdale, FL 33309